Donning our matching red t-shirts, thousands of participants met at City Hall and warmed up Zumba-style with the Goodlife Fitness team.
Using only public transportation and our feet (these are the rules) we had from 10am until 4pm to complete a series of tasks and return to the finish line. Some of of the more memorable tasks included; a gymnastic routine, auditioning for a play, toe-nail painting, nude modeling and kick boxing. Although it was exhausting, it was one of the most fun activities I've ever participated in.
There is still time to sign up for this year's City Chase Ottawa, which will be held on Saturday July 27th.
If you are planning on participating, here is some helpful advice after having completed it:
- pack quick snacks and something to hydrate you as you don't have a lot of time to stop
- make sure to have a map! Google maps via smartphone is also helpful
- fully charge your phone as you will be googling/friend phoning a lot!
- wear comfortable shoes, bring extra socks if you are wearing socks and pack band-aids!!!
- wear or bring a bathing suit as a lot of chasepoints involve water
- the clues are often concentrated to a few neighborhoods - try to complete them in clusters
- familiarize yourself with the OC Transpo system!!! (very important)
- HAVE FUN (we sure did)