This may have been my favorite of all the visits. They showed us how they digitally reconstructed a train crash to find out what happened, we saw/listened to recordings from a black box and were shown how cause is determined from the wreckage of a plane.
Full list of 2014 Buildings : http://ottawa.ca/cgi-bin/doors/2014.pl?lang= en
- If you are a cyclist, you can take part in the Embassy Cycling Tour on Saturday at 9:30 am.
- If you are on foot you can also take advantage of a free Ottawa Citizen shuttle bus.
- Some buildings are only open on either the Saturday or Sunday - make sure to check before going.
- Guided tours are available at some locations and only allow for certain number at a time so make sure to give yourself enough time in case you have to wait.
- Some buildings do not allow photography - make sure to check the description before bringing your camera.
- The locations are spaced out all around the capital region - some even as far as Carp and Manotick so plan for travel time to maximize how many buildings that you see.
- If you are visiting places of worship - be respectful of their culture - you may be required to remove your footwear or cover your hair.